Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Monday, February 21, 2011

2nd cardiology visit

We had our 2nd echocardiogram on Friday the 18th. Good news, they told us he does not have Pulmonary Atresia! They were able to see his pulmonary artery. It is just really really small/skinny. They were also able to see 1 of the 4 pulmonary veins, and they think that there is a good chance of the other ones being there since there is one there. The AVSD is still there, and he will still require surgery when he is born. They are still pretty sure he has heterotaxy syndrome as well. We won't know if he has a spleen until he is born and is looked over by a gastrointestinal doctor. It is really hard to find any positive information on heterotaxy, theres just not a lot out there since it is so rare. :(

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you got some good news and I'm sure there is more to come as time goes on! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lindsay- I am Brytten a fellow heart mom and president of IHH. I will try to follow your blog, but please contact me when he comes if I don't contact you, we would love to bring you a care bag to the hospital and meet you in person. Please feel free to friend me on facebook and also Intermountain Healing Hearts. Please let me know what I or the group can do for you.
    Heart Hugs-Brytten Pettit

    ReplyDelete